Unicommerce Vendor Panel Implementation for a Leading Online Fashion Marketplace
The leading online fashion marketplace was looking to build the largest product assortment ensuring that this becomes the default shopping location for all fashion and lifestyle needs of the customers, and thus wanted to manage a large seller base.
It began its operations in the B2B (business to business) segment and later added B2C (business to customer) segment as well, expanding its assortment of fashion and lifestyle products.
This marketplace is ranked among the top 10 e-commerce companies in India and as world’s leading marketplace for fashion, and has now scaled over 500 top brands. Their approach of adapting technology and investing in some of them has not only served to solidify their brand value but also supported their skyrocketing growth.
As India’s top fashion destination, it was critical for them to not only enhance customer experience but also make selling easy for all the listed brands.
While emerging as the largest apparel’s marketplace in India, they had certain goals:
2Mn+ Units Dispatched/Month
2.2Mn SKU Live On Sales Channels
40% Decline In Returns
30K+ Inventory Count
Challenges : Process, Operations & Management
Since their inception as fashion marketplace, it has grown almost double every year. So with such a constant growth rate, they faced various challenges:
- With the growing seller base they were facing challenges in managing multiple vendors at the same time. Difficulties in communication with large vendor base regarding stock & order processing
- Managing customer SLAs was becoming difficult, as different processes across different sellers was leading to glitches in order processing and inventory management.
- Handling returns and order cancellations seamlessly was becoming challenging, as the order volumes increased, which could potentially impact customer experience.
- Data visibility and transparency was a big challenge, across internal operations as well as the operations undertaken by the associated vendors.
These were some of the challenges which were faced by the leading Apparel’s Marketplace of India. And this was the time their team thought of adapting technology for seamless vendor management which in turn helps them to increase efficiency at the operations level and boost customer experience.
Collaboration with Unicommerce
The fashion marketplace then in 2014 invested in technology and now operates on a very advanced Vendor Panel Sytem, Unicommerce. The multiple modules used by the marketplace are
- Unicommerce provided technologically advanced yet easy to use vendor panels, which enabled the fashion marketplace to manage their ever growing vendor panel base with ease
- Seamless purchase order management enabling the marketplace to implement “Just In Time” with “best in class” customer service levels
- Comprehensive Returns and Cancellation management, through which vendors can scan the return/cancelled item to do automated reconciliation
- Hassle free transition to GST regime, without hampering daily operations, with comprehensive GST tools to ensure that the marketplace is fully GST compliant
- Unicommerce helped in automated processing of large order volumes of different vendors fr om a unified panel, enabling enhanced productivity
- Centralized inventory solution, which has helped seamlessly collect inventory from multiple vendors at the backend to reflect accurate inventory levels at the portal
- Customized reports and dashboards providing the required Data and Analytics to enhance the supply chain management processe
- Seamless ERP integration with the marketplace’s custom ERP solution to streamline its sales and inventory across multiple operations
Results – Then and Now, How the things changed
Unicommerce’s collaboration with India’s most popular fashion marketplace has resulted in simplifying their operations. By investing in technology like Ours, they managed to lower the manpower cost and automate most of their business operations. Our vendor management solutions has delivered great results for them.
They are now processing nearly more than 55k orders per day & this became possible with ease of communication with approx. more than 1200 Vendors via single panel. Unicommerce’s customized reports has helped the organization to have improved and enhanced Data & Analytics which has contributed to measure their day to day operations with ease.