- June 9, 2020
- Posted by: Anshulika Sarkar
- Category: Saral by Unicommerce
SARAL 2020 by Unicommerce was a one-of-a-kind mega virtual eCommerce summit that concluded with the participation of 3000+ registrations and 1700+ attendees in the summit.
Throughout the summit, attendees had the chance to gather knowledge of all the latest trends and practices that our expert panellists shared with them while answering over 1000 queries live.
The summit witnessed sellers, retailers and eCommerce businesses from all around the country making it a huge success, resulting in the fulfilment of its initial notion to reach every corner of the country and equip a large number of businesses in the eCommerce industry to handle these uncertain times in a better way.
“Saral is a wonderful initiative by Unicommerce to upgrade the youth in order to cope up with various dynamic situations, it has improved our eCommerce business knowledge to a great extent. Looking forward to more such insightful sessions again” – Priyanka Omar, an encouraging testimonial by one of the attendees.
Other attendees expressed their feedback by calling the summit a one of a kind brilliant initiative, most informative and helpful, very insightful updates for future, balanced and comprehensive sessions and many more such words of encouragement.
These words have proven to be a testimony to the initiative of SARAL in simplifying e-commerce selling.
Key Take-Aways From Each Session
The first session was a collaborated panel discussion including speakers from the most prominent businesses in the industry. The panellist Sandeep Komaravelly- Shopify, Parinay Itkan – Shyplite, Vedanarayanan Vedantham – Razorpay, Raghu Ravinutala – Yellow Messenger, discussed the importance of building a strong reputation with the customers.
The major takeaways from this session were:
- The most prominent way to build a strong relationship with the consumers is by a brand’s very own website or by various social media channels.
- Proactive communication and sustainability are the stepping stones to grow a successful eCommerce brand
- Various messaging platforms such as WhatsApp are the newest ways to engage with audiences as they are low investment and high reward channels for direct commerce.
- Conversational AI enables successful consumer encounters to drive transactions and increase efficiency
In case you missed out on the summit or was not able to attend till the last session, here is the Session 1 recording for you to revisit. You can watch the video at your own time and take notes of the necessary insights that may help your business.
Click on the link here: https://youtu.be/X290_GV35PU
In the second session, our panellists Amit Monga – ANS Commerce, Anshuk Aggarwal – Adyogi, Gaurav Shisodia – Payoneer, Deepesh Jain – Wobb, Rhitiman Majumder – Pickrr discussed the various approaches of optimization eCommerce presence.
The key takeaways from this session include:
- Scaling up business by choosing the right marketplace, maintaining hygiene, leveraging marketing & branding opportunities from each of those marketplaces
- Identifying key levers impacting the efficiency of social ads for a web store
- Getting high returns on ad spend using Facebook and Instagram ads for online store
- Looking into cross border e-commerce opportunities
- Onboarding Influencer Marketing as the core of a brand’s Digital Marketing Strategy that yields best in class Engagement and ROI
- Shifting focus to capturing customer delight factors by performance base review systems, intelligent logistics solutions, faster turnaround times etc
In case you missed out on the summit or was not able to attend till the last session, here is the Session 2 recording for you to revisit. You can watch the video at your own time and take notes of the necessary insights that may help your business.
Click on the link here: https://youtu.be/B8XK69NQFi4
The third session of the summit was a panel discussion and industry experts Rajiv Ramanan – Freshworks, Kapil Makhija – Unicommerce, Gautam Kapoor – Shiprocket, Prashant Lohia – Ginesys, Anshuman Jain – Shopify and Pugal T – Tally were among the speakers for this session. The discussion was on how eCommerce automation is the perfect toolkit for growth.
Key takeaways from this session included:
- Omnichannel customer engagement is becoming the biggest differentiator for brands and it reaps a non-linear reward for investing in intelligent and consistent customer experience across channels
- COVID – 19 highlights the urgent need for digitization of the supply chain and businesses need to create innovative solutions to serve the changing demands of online sellers and buyer
- The current situations can give way to unique but outstanding solutions for businesses to scale up the market. Any investments made in retail tech at this time will stand to deliver great returns for businesses
- The coronavirus outbreak has accelerated the expansion of e-commerce, bringing changes that had been expected in 2030 to current times and so automation is the major need of the hour
- In order to kick start the eCommerce industry, businesses need to practice 3 C’s – Crisis Management, Compensation for Crisis and Conquering Commerce by perfecting cash flow in order to elevate business.
In case you missed out on the summit or was not able to attend till the last session, here is the Session 3 recording for you to revisit. You can watch the video at your own time and take notes of the necessary insights that may help your business.
Click on the link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n8mvkCPed0&feature=youtu.be
The fourth session began after a short lunch break of 45 mins and was in the form of a presentation, The speakers for this session Swarndeep Singh –, Logic, Sanjeeb Padhee – Unicommerce, Rohit Gupta – Shadowfax, Mohit Gopal – PayU, Navin Joshua – Green Honchos talked about Offline-to-Online becoming the “new normal” in post COVID era.
The major takeaways from this session included:
- To deal with the COVID situation, the retail industry needs to onboard technology for complete support.
- There is a necessity for real-time inventory, single database, endless aisles and more such technologically backed solutions for businesses to manage and maintain growth.
- Omnichannel is the reality of today’s time and the best possible way in order for brands to reach at the doorsteps of the customers.
- With the omnichannel supply chain, businesses can open a new revenue channel through online deliveries
In case you missed out on the summit or was not able to attend till the last session, here is the Session 4 recording for you to revisit. You can watch the video at your own time and take notes of the necessary insights that may help your business.
Click on the link here: https://youtu.be/8GWg1g2BL78
The last and final session of SARAL 2020 was a presentation led discussion with industry experts Shashank Agarwal – Thirdwatch, Pranshu Kacholia – Click Post, Mohammad Mubashshir – Unicommerce and Sumit Agarwal – Green Honchos talked about building profitable eCommerce operations.
The key takeaways from this final session were:
- In order to run a successful eCommerce business, it is imperative to flag out leakages, build scalable, error-free processes and keep a close tab on unit economics.
- Optimizing logistics costs and improving post-purchase customer experience should remain the top priority for businesses in order to maintain profitability.
- Understanding how RTO contributes to supply chain losses and enabling successful management of RTO is what will work
In case you missed out on the summit or was not able to attend till the last session, here is the Session 5 recording for you to revisit. You can watch the video at your own time and take notes of the necessary insights that may help your business.
Click on the link here: https://youtu.be/RBLI4Rf5wPI
Extremely Encouraging Responses from the Audience
Although it was the first edition, SARAL received an overwhelming response and is now taken up a place in the annual calendar of Unicommerce as the summit will be back next year with an even bigger platform, a widely built forum dedicated at serving the audience with meaningful and relevant content.
To capture the real-time reactions of the attendees and understand what worked out and what not, each session of the summit included a poll that enabled respondents to share their impression of that summit. And overall, the poll results reflected a highly satisfactory audience.
The summit saw rapid engagements from our attendees via Chat and the Q&A section at the end of each session. A total of 1000+ queries were addressed live by the panellist resulting in a 90%+ happiness score for each session by the attendees.
The extraordinary success of SARAL 2020 has given a lot of impetus to the organizing team to continue in the way of enabling the best possible solutions for the eCommerce ecosystem from here on.
And to continue the process, SARAL will now be an annual occurrence, every year bringing the best businesses, expert minds and more insightful content to the entire industry.
For more information on SARAL or to get Unicommerce’s highly recommended support for your business, Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 828 7790 222